Monday, July 26, 2010
By Julie Cohen, Professional Certified Coach
Throughout your career, you encounter challenges and opportunities that affect your professional direction. How you navigate these situations significantly impacts your professional and personal life. Contact Julie Cohen Coaching LLC to discuss your Career Crossroads. Here are some situations in which Julie Cohen Coaching, LLC services can support you:
CAREER MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- I was just promoted and want to make the most of this opportunity.
- I am feeling stagnant in my current job/position but I like my company/organization. I want more professional opportunities, leadership roles and/or a promotion.
- I need to communicate more effectively with supervisors, peers and/or my direct reports.
- I just received a disappointing performance review. I want to use this feedback to improve.
- I want to balance my professional and personal priorities. My career is taking up too much of my life.
- I am responsible for large professional projects that play a major role in my organization. I need additional support in ensuring success.
- I work in an environment in which I have no trusted colleagues or mentors. I need an external sounding board, a “reality check” and support.
- I want to complete my PhD dissertation or academic writing. I need support to get it done.
- I own my own business and get overwhelmed. I want a more manageable lifestyle.
CAREER/JOB TRANSITION OPPORTUNITIES:
- I am dissatisfied in my current job. I want to figure out what is next for me.
- I know what I want to do next in my career, but I often get stuck. I need support and structure to make what I want a reality.
- I am a new mother. I want to change my work situation to meet the needs of my family.
- I took many years off from my professional career to raise my children. I’m now ready to go back to work. I need help with my job search and my confidence.
- I was just laid off. I want to make this an opportunity to reassess and change my career.
- I want to incorporate my interests and passions into my next job so my work is more meaningful, enjoyable and interesting.
- I don’t know what type of work I want to do, but I know what I don’t want. I need support in looking at my skills, experience and interests and finding possible jobs and career paths.
- I am considering graduate school. I need help in understanding how it will enhance my future career aspirations and support in the application process.
JOB SEARCH OPPORTUNITIES:
- I need help in crafting an effective resume and cover letter.
- I need a guide through my job search, to provide expertise, accountability and encouragement.
- I am concerned about my interviewing skills. I need feedback on how I present myself and guidance on how to handle interviews and tough questions.
- I need more confidence with networking in my job search, both in-person and on-line.